Module 7.3
In my organization, we are limited to our boundaries. As an action officer at Air Combat Command Headquarters, my conversations with people are limited to certain ranks. I can speak to anyone below my rank, but I would have to inform their supervision. That is because of my duty title or position. Just the opposite I can only talk to a few ranks higher than mine. If the rank of the person I need to speak with is out of reach, then I have to elevate it to my supervisor. I am starting to notice how political it is. Boundary movement is the same lateral. We are able to conversate with others in different offices, but any tasking has to be coordinated. It could take 4-5 different groups of people to solve an issue to lower units have with each other. Also, I can only track down so much supply information before I step out of my lane. I am then either doing too much or doing something someone else is doing. Our boundary lines are drawn and we have to tip-toe near them.
Michael,
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have a very clear and rigid communication boundaries and I would most likely expect that considering your line of work. Just curious if the limitations to speak to more of those above you have affected your ability to function n your work properly in any way?
Dr. Tormen